Arroz con Pollo – Chicken with Saffron Cauliflower Rice
- 2 chicken thighs with skin
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) coconut oil
- pinch saffron
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) tomato paste
- 1 cup (225 ml) Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 cup (188 ml) artichoke hearts
- 2 anchovies in oil, chopped
- salt to taste
Preheat oven to 375F/ 190C/ Gas Mark 5.
Brown the chicken thighs in the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Set chicken aside when all sides are browned. Heat the chicken broth (in a saucepan or microwave) and add the saffron when warm. Stir well, and set aside. Cook the shallots, garlic and peppers in the remaining coconut oil over medium-high heat until soft. Add tomato paste, cauliflower rice, saffron broth, artichoke hearts and chopped anchovies. Stir well and remove from heat when well incorporated and liquids have reduced.
Place the saffron cauliflower rice mixture into the bottom of a small/mini loaf baking container (for 2 servings), or appropriate size for your number of servings. Top with the browned chicken thighs. Bake for 25 minutes. When done let cool. Stir in any remaining liquids, which will further absorb as it sits. Enjoy!
Base recipe makes 2 large servings of 16.7 oz/ 473.4 g a piece.