Basic Mushroom Soup (dairy-free)
- 2 teaspoons (6g/ 10 ml) garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion (55g/ 117 ml), chopped
- 1 tablespoons (14g/ 15 ml) butter/ghee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (9.5g/ 7 ml) anchovies in oil, drained and minced
- 2 cups (140 g/ 450 ml) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoons (.67g/ 5 ml) fresh sage, minced
- 1 teaspoons (5 g/ 5 ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30g/ 30ml) white wine
- 3/4 cup (183g/ 142ml) beef broth
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
Lightly brown the onion and garlic in the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped anchovies, and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add the sliced mushrooms, sage, mustard and the white wine, and cook the mushrooms until they are soft. Pour the mushroom mixture into a blender, add in the beef broth. Blend the soup until smooth. Pour the soup into a large saucepan and heat to preference. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Smaklig måltid!
Base recipe makes 2 servings of 7.8 oz/ 221.3g a piece.