- 4 oz (113..3g) blueberries
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml, 7 g) gelatin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml, 7.7g) lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon (.5 ml, .2 g) thyme (optional)
- liquid stevia to taste, or your preferred sweetner (optional)
Wash the blueberries and heat them in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the gelatin, lime juice, and thyme and mix well. Bring to a light boil for 2-3, and help to macerate the berries with a fork. Add water a tablespoon at a time if you prefer a thinner preserve. Let the mixture cook longer to provide a thicker preserve. If you prefer even even smoother result, your can blend the preserves. Add liquid stevia to taste. Enjoy!
Base recipe makes 8 servings of rounded 1 tablespoon (15 ml/ 16g) a piece.