- 1 chayote
- 1 medium tomato , chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cebollitas, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) ground anise
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh cilantro, chopped
Boil the chayote in a sauce pan, covered in water, on medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes, or until soft. Remove from water, and cool. Peel all skin from the chayote, and cut out the seed and its casing from the middle of the chayote. Chop the chayote. Chop the tomato, and the cebollitas as well. Set aside. Combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and ground anise in a bowl, and mix well. Pour the dressing over the chayote mixture, and combine well. Top with chopped cilantro. The salad can be served at room temperature, or chilled. Buen provecho!
Base recipe yield two servings of 4.6 oz/ 130.4g a piece.