Cinnamon & Rosemary Halibut
- 1 lb (453.6 g) halibut
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) clove
- 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1.5 tablespoons (22 ml) white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) pepper
Preheat oven to 425 F/ 218 C/ Gas Mark 7. Place about 4 cups of water to a saucepan. Add the salt, cinnamon, cloves, rosemary and bay leaf. Boil on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. Add the fish and lower to a simmer and cook with the lid on for 10 minutes.
While the fish is cooking, sauce the onion and garlic in the coconut oil. When soft, add the white wine and tomato paste, salt and pepper. Add a spoonful or two of water to make a light sauce for the fish.
When the fish is done cooking, remove it from the saucepan, discarding the liquid, and place the fish in an oven safe baking dish (8x8 inch pan/ 20x 20 cm pan. Top with the garlic and tomato sauce. Bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Base recipe yields 4 servings of 130.5 g/ 4.6 oz a piece.