Fish Balls with Curry Cream (Fiskbollar med Curry Grädde) (dairy-free)
- Fish Balls
- 8 oz (226.8 g) white fish (cod)
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon (.5 ml/ .29 g) nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon (.5ml/ .3 g) white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ( ml/ 4.56g) salt
- 1/4 cup (59 ml/ 28g) blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon (15ml/ 13.63 g) coconut oil
- Curry Sauce
- 4 oz (118 ml/110 g) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml/ 6.3 g) curry powder
Food Processor/Blender. Blend the fish, egg whites, 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt, and remaining spices in a food processor (or blender) until well blended. Scrape the fish mixture out of the processor with a spatula into a bowl.
Stove-top. Make Roll the fish balls lightly in the almond flour,and fry them coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned on all sides.
Bake: Alternatively you can bake the fish balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper at 350F/ 176C/Gas Mark4 for 20-25 minutes.
Curry Sauce. Stove-top. While the fish balls are cooking, combine the the coconut milk, 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) salt, and curry powder in a skillet, and cook on medium heat to reduce the curry mixture down to your preferred thickness for a curry sauce. Stir every few minutes to keep the sauce well combined. Set aside when you reach desired consistency.
Serve approximately 4 oz (113.3g) fish balls with 2 oz (56.6 g) curry sauce. Base recipe serves two.