Fish Soup (Fisk Soppa)
- 1 cup (225 ml/ 226.7g) fish stock
- 1 cup (225 ml/ 226.7) water
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml/ .18g) saffron
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml/ 6.08 g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml/2.37g) white pepper
- 1/4 cup (59 ml/ 28g) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (118 ml/ 66.5 g) parsnips, chopped
- 8 oz (226.7 g) white fish (cod), loosely chopped
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
Heat the fish stock and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce to a simmer. Add the saffron, salt, white pepper, white wine and parsnips and boil for 5 minutes. Add the white fish and cook for 5 minutes. Add the egg yolk by slowly pouring it in, and stirring the soup vigorously so the egg is effectively disbursed in the soup. Test the soup and salt and pepper more to taste if needed. Serve hot.
Base recipe makes two servings of 15 oz (425.2 g) a piece.