Flying Jacob Casserole – Flygande Jacob
- 2 whole chicken breasts (472g)
- 1 medium zucchini/courgette (196 g), peeled and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml/ 4.3 g) banana extract
- 8-10 drops of liquid stevia (optional), or to taste
- 4 slices bacon (104 g)
- 1/4 cup (59 ml/ 40g) onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (118 ml/ 122.5 g) plain tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml/ 14.94 g) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml/ 1.25 g) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml/ 1.42 g) fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2ml/ 3.04 g) salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml/ 6.3 g) curry powder
- 3/4 cup (177 ml/ 178.5 g) heavy cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup (118 ml/ 72g) roasted peanuts, chopped
Stove-top: Boil two whole chicken breasts in water until cooked. Let cool. Shred or chop.
Remove the green skin from a zucchini/courgette with a peeler, and cut it into large chunks. Cook the zucchini/courgette in boiling water until tender, approximately 5-10 minutes (depending on the size of the pieces), checking the chunks and draining them from the water when they are tender. Process the cooked zucchini/courgette in a food processor, or mash them by hand in bowl to get a banana like consistency. Drain any extra water made from this process to ensure preferred consistency. Add the banana flavoring and liquid stevia (optional) to taste, and once the zucchini/courgette has a sufficient banana flavor and texture, set it aside.
Preheat the oven to 425F/220C/ Gas Mark 7. Cook the bacon in a medium to large skillet over medium-high heat to preference. Set aside to cool. Cook the onion in the bacon fat until translucent. Break up the bacon slices and add them to the onions. Add the shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, vinegar, liquid stevia, chili powder, garlic, salt, and curry powder. Stir in the banana flavored zucchini. Finally, gently stir in the whipped heavy cream. Pour the mixture into an appropriately sized baking dish and cook for 10-15 minutes. This dish is delicious with cauliflower rice, or over zoodles (zucchini/courgette noodles). Smaklig måltid!
Base recipe makes 6 servings of 202 g/ 7.1 oz a piece.