- 4 jalapeño peppers
- 2 ounces (56.6 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 ounce (28.3 g) chèvre, soft goat cheese
- 1 ounce (28.3 g) monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic, minced
- 1/2 ounce (14.1 g) pork rinds, lightly crushed
Preheat oven to 300F/ 149C/ Gas Mark 2 . Wash and destem the jalapeños. Cut them in half the long way making two long "boats" out of each pepper and deseed them. Leave some seeds if you prefer a spicier taste. Combine the softened cream cheese, goat cheese, shredded monterey jack cheese, crumbled bacon and minced garlic in a bowl. Divide the filling between each of the pepper halves and top them with the pork rind crumbs. Place the stuffed jalapeños on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes for spicy and crisp poppers, 30 minutes for milder and softer poppers, and 50 minutes for the mildest and softest poppers. Enjoy!
Base recipe makes 8 halves of stuffed peppers for 2 people, or 4 halves per serving: (4.2 oz/ 119.2 g).