Low Carb Champurrado
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) blanched almond flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) unsweet almond milk
- 1 scoop egg white protein powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon (.5 ml) ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon (.5 ml) ground star anise
- liquid stevia to taste
In a blender, combine all the ingredients, except the liquid stevia. Blend well. Add liquid stevia to preference. We used three drops. Pour the mixture into a saucepan over medium to medium-high heat. Heat to preference, stirring, or whisking constantly to prevent burning. Heat to preference. You can serve it at this point, but if your blender can handle the heat, we recommend blending this mixture one more time to give it a frothy deliciousness that puts this recipe over the top. Buen provecho!
Base recipe yields 2 servings of 5 oz/141.74 g a piece.