- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) annaheim pepper, chopped
- 1 piece bacon, crumbled
Have all the ingredients washed and chopped before beginning to cook this dish. You can either make one large omelette and divide it into two servings, or split all the ingredients and make equal omelettes.
Beat the eggs in a dish. Melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the eggs and form the egg batter into a circle shape. Sprinkle on one half of the circle, the chopped herbs, and the chopped onion, peppers and bacon. Add any additional ingredients at this time. Fold the empty omelette side on top of the side with all the herbs and vegetables to make a half circle shape. Press down with a spatula. Flip the omelette over to cook the other side. When both sides are browned to preference, remove from heat.
Base recipe yields 2 servings 2.6 oz/74.2 g a piece.