Poblano and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1 piece bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dry white wine (optional)
- 1 ounce (28.3 g) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce (28.3 g) cream cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350F/ 176C/ Gas Mark 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems from each cap. Trim the stems and mince them. Cook the bacon until crispy. Set aside. Sauté the onion and poblano peppers in the bacon fat for 1-2 minutes over medium-high heat. Set aside. Combine the the monterey jack cheese, cream cheese and bacon in a bowl. Then combine the mushroom stem mixture with the cheese/bacon mixture and mix well. Fill each mushroom cap with a rounded mound of the filling until all the filling is utilized. Place the stuffed mushrooms on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Base recipe makes 2 servings of 3.8 oz/ 107.7 grams.