- 4 oz (113.4 g) tomatillos, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, washed and deseeded
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) cilantro/coriander, washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) poblano pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) salt
- juice and zest of 1 lime
Wash all the produce well and pat dry. If using fresh tomatillos, boil them tender. If using canned tomatillos, measure them out. Add tomatillos to a blender. Deseed the jalapeño to preference, leaving more seeds for more heat in the final salsa. Add the jalapeño, cilantro/coriander, poblano, garlic, salt and lime juice and zest to the blender. Blend to preference: a short time for chunkier salsa, longer for a smoother consistency. Recipe makes 8 servings of 1 oz/ 27.7 g, or 8 oz/226.7g total. Refrigerate and enjoy!