- 4 ounce (113.4 grams) 41/50 size shrimp
- 2 limes, juiced and grated for zest
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon (22 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) onion, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- salt to taste
Combine the shrimp, lime juice and oil. Cover and let sit for a minimum of 30 minutes in the refrigerator. The acid in the lime juice essentially "cooks" the shrimp. Then add the rest of the ingredients, tossing well to coat. Enjoy!
Base recipe makes 2 servings of 5.5 oz/ 154.7 g each.