Spiced Red Cabbage Salad – Rödkål
- 4 oz (113.4 g) red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml/ 13.5g) onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 ml, .24 oz) pork fat, or your preferred fat/oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml/ 14.9 g) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml/ 14.9 g) dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml/ 27.5 g) cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon (1ml/ .52 g) caraway seeds
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon (1ml/ 1.5 g) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1ml/.2g ) fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon (.5ml/ .52g) ground cloves
Wash and shred the cabbage, set aside. In a saucepan or dutch oven, cook the onion in the pork fat over medium-high heat until translucent. Add the cabbage, apple cider, red wine and cranberries and cook for 5 minutes. Add the remaining spices and simmer on medium to medium-low until the salad is soft and tender. Smaklig måltid!
Base recipe makes two servings of 3oz/ 84.5g a piece.