Spicy Sweet Pecans
- rounded 1/2 cup (118 ml) pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) coconut oil
- 1/4 (1 ml) teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 (1/2 ml) teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/8 (1/2 ml) teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 (1/2 ml) teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 (2 ml) teaspoon swerve or equivalent sugar replacement
Preheat oven to 300F/ 150C/ Gas Mark 2. Put the pecans in a ziplock bag. Warm the coconut oil until it is just melted, but not hot. Pour into the ziplock bag, seal and shake the bag to coat the pecans in oil. Add all the remaining ingredients to the bag, seal, and shake again until all pecans are coated. Place the spiced pecans on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake 10 minutes or until browned but keep an eye on them as they easily burn. Cool and enjoy!
Slow Cooker: the spiced pecans can also be cooked in an aluminum lined and lightly greased slow cooker on low for 2 hours. Stir every 15/20 to prevent burning. Open the slow cooker and let pecans cool.
Store in a tightly covered container for up to 4 weeks. Base recipe yields 2 servings of 1.1 oz/ 31.15 g a piece.