Swedish Mulled Wine – Glögg
- 1 bottle of red wine (720ml/ 720g/25.4 oz)
- 1/2 cup (118 ml/ 113g) vodka
- 1/4 cup (59 ml/ 48 g) Swerve (or your preferred sweetner)
- 1/4 cup (59 ml/ 25 g) cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml/ .55g) ground cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml/ .48 g) ground cardamom
- 1 inch (2.34 cm) whole ginger root
- 1/2 cup (118ml/ 27 g) sliced almonds
Combine all the ingredients into a saucepan, and heat it to medium to medium-high heat until the drink is hot but not boiling. Let the ingredient meld for 3-4 minutes, and then turn off the heat. Let the drink cool off. When it is at a comfortable drinking temperature, remove the cinnamon stick and ginger root. Divide the wine and be sure to include some of the cranberries and almond slices in each cup. Smaklig måltid!
Base recipe makes 7 servings of 4 oz/ 114.3g a piece.