Tamarind Vinaigrette and Pumpkin Seed Salad
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) water
- 2 cups (450 ml) looseleaf lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- liquid stevia drops
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) queso fresco, crumbled
Heat the water until hot (1 minute microwave) and add tamarind paste. Using either a wisk, a blender, or a dressing mixer, vigorously combine the tamarind paste and water. Set the tamarind mixture aside.
Wash and dry the lettuce leaves. Tear them into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
Add the olive oil to the tamarind mixture, and mix well. Add drops of stevia, one at a time, to taste. Liquid stevia is very strong, so you will likely only need a one or two drops. Add salt to taste. Blend the dressing well one more time. And pour over the lettuce. Top with the toasted pumpkin seeds and crumbled queso fresco. Enjoy!
Base recipe yields 2 servings of 3.4 oz/ 95.5 g a piece.