Tequila Lime Shrimp & Jicama Tacos
- 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) jicama, peeled and sliced
- 14 ounce (113.4 grams) 41/50 size shrimp
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) tequila
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic minced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cilantro, chopped
Remove all the skin from the jicama with a potato peeler. With a mandolin, slice the jicama. Push the most flat side of the jicama against the mandolin, and make thin slices. 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) of jicama should make approximately 10 slices (5 per serving).
Take the shrimp and mix them well with the tequila, lime juice, olive oil and minced garlic. Cook the shrimp over medium to medium high heat in a skillet until they turn pink and firm up lightly, 2-4 minutes. Feel free to remove the shrimp when they are cooked, and reduce the remaining liquid to make a great sauce to pour over the shrimp. Salt and pepper to taste. Add the chopped cilantro before serving.
Base recipe 2 servings of 8.9 oz/ 252g a piece. Add 1 tablespoon (15 ml) shrimp to each jicama "taco" shell. Each serving includes approximately 5 tacos. Buen provecho!